Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Update: Nearing the end of the 2nd year, and a contest idea


Time to discuss some things I've been needing to discuss. First off we'd like to say happy new year to those whom are reading this on New Years day, or happy day for those reading and it's not! There appears to be an end to the computer problem in sight! After a few two weeks of headaches and frustrations over having a failed hard drive, I have someone working on it for me. Hopefully within the next few days, I'll be able to finish the final discussion post from my previous series so I can post the finale and move on to the next series. Because of this delay I am starting up a new safety protocol for blog articles via backing up on a DropBox and on SkyDrive.

There is a new look in store for the site as well. Here is the new official logo for ASMTB which was given to us by Clayton Daniels. Link to his deviantArt by clicking here. Go look at his manga stuff, it's really impressive. I love his style and his shading technique for his art. There may be a collaboration with him in the future. ;) There will be a new background up once I finish reinstalling everything back to my computer.

ASMTB's 2014 logo
Speaking of collaborating, we are giving an open invitation to anyone who would like to collaborate with ASMTB staff. We have done it before with Hit Me With Music's Anu Pattabiraman and Uni Bram. We are willing to work around whatever you are wanting to do. For example, Anu and Uni wanted to do a theory lesson, so they posted a sample of their book and a link to their KickStart. If you would like to apply for a collaboration then send us an email through our blog email or  a message to any of our social medias (all links in the header bar).

I have been working on bringing back some old classics for everyone to enjoy along with setting up a new series. The first I am bringing back is the music theory lessons! As the name of the site implies, there needs to be a music theory series in a site founded on music theory. Starting at the end of the month, I am going to begin the music theory lessons again. Things will not be the same as before however because I am going to experiment with types of delivering theory lessons in preparation of some projects in hiding. Secondly, I have decided to bring back the practicing tips series along side Faith. This will not be back anytime soon, but before the end of this season of ASMTB (March 2014) I will have them started back. Lastly, I have decided to try a series on only reviews. Once a month, I am planning on writing reviews on things that either I come across and want to give a shot or you recommend and review them. At this time, I am planning on reviewing CelloBello.com by the end of the month. Soon to be followed by "Hit Me With Music" as a copy was graciously donated to me by Anu Pattabiraman (Just so you know Anu, the reason is because I've decided to save it for a very special post but it'll be here soon! Plus I want to make sure I review it as best I can. ;) ), a review of "The Music of the Temporalist" by Andre Pogoriloffsky along with the Free Metronome and ProMetronome apps by EMUlabs.com. Beyond this however, I am out of ideas. This leads me into an idea that I am going to implement.

For those who have topics, items you want reviewed, or any ideas that you would like to share with us we would like to hear them! We at ASMTB pride ourselves on the quality of material that we post and share with you and in order the ensure this quality, we are asking for feedback. We really appreciate feedback and sharing of this site and our other sites (this page, FB, Twitter, SoundCloud and our affiliated groups' website/socials at Team Young Spark). To help promote this request for feedback and getting to understand our faithful readers, we are going to begin a contest series. The will not be an exact day that it will appear but there will be one a month. The prize will range from contest to contest however for the first one, it will be a $10 iTunes gift cards.  I am open to suggestions for more prizes but there will not be a guarantee I will do it. Official rules for this contest will be later in this month but the question will be to review us. Write a review of this site from whatever angle you want. The only requirement is there should be a minimum of 100 words, but should you feel contempt to write more then go ahead. As I previously stated, we pride ourselves on our quality of work and our easy to understand context with our lesson-based writings. This is also why I took forever to replace our last writers, and why I chose Faith to join the team. You have one month to do start so get to writing!

Along with feedback, it would really be appreciative to us and for the people who are wanting to start advertising that you subscribe to us through Feedburner. It is as simple as clicking on the information box on the top right that asks for an email and entering it. We do not spam your inbox nor do we have news letters. Feedburner is here to keep you up to date with our posts and as a tool for us to use for research purposes. So if you like what you've read (minus this... unless you like this then awesome!) then please enter your email.

Advertising have been a rather popular question related to the site. At this time, we are beginning to start a BETA run for advertising (I'm a musician, not a technician or a magician so I have to learn how to code in the ads so I know the stats and etc.). Once I finish this BETA testing and it appears to work, I will open it up to whomever wants to pay for it. I was hoping on not going to the point of charging however life has come to the point of needing to find a job and since I want to make this succeed, the easiest way is to start ads. I will make sure that there will not be a charge for the information we teach or share. Also, there will be a limit to ads so it will not look like a page of ads from a newspaper. I will limit them to a handful of ads at a time, more than likely three or four ads on a page. Donations, however are always open if you feel moved enough to donate. If anyone is moved enough to donated towards this project (say $20+), then we can set up a thank you wall or work out a way to show our appreciation for your contribution.

Anyways, hopefully there was something that interested you in this update. There will be another one to celebrate the success of two years and the welcoming of our third year! Don't forget to share with social media and follow us via email/feedburner and on the social medias if you have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment