Friday, May 10, 2013

The Composer's Vlog Episode 1: Basic Introductions



Hey everyone, it's Sulli and not only am I back, but I'm back with some exciting news! I am revamping the blog by making a new series I'm calling "The Composer's Vlog". Now, in this 1st season of the series (of hopefully many more) I am going to go over working with the themes from "Void". Void is a roleplaying game played in the style of Dungeons and Dragons however is set into the future. The protagonist (can't really call them heros from as far as I've gotten with it) are a group of people from all over the US "... so far in the future from our own timeline on earth that we humans, as a race, are incapable of putting a number to the years.". The objective of the game, like many others is to go through and defeat the antagonist (the Void) from taking over our universe. If you love RPG's or have always wanted to give one a try, then head on over to their site (https://www.facebook.com/groups/564393450248783/) and follow along. This is a really simple one and as of now is a great one to start out with if you've never played one before.

As for this series, however, I am writing some music to go along with the story of the game. This series is intended as a tool to not only demonstrate methods towards composing music, but it also going to be used as a way to help show many other ideas towards achieving sounds and effects that you may want to use for your own compositions. However, for the first few episodes I will be recording on my desktop like I have been with my tutorials.

Anyways, I hope everyone likes this new series! Let me know what you think in the comments here, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube ! Also, if you have any suggestions for this piece, then you are allowed to leave a comment about how you think it should be changed and if I like it and enough people agree with making the change then I will go it. Just remember that this will be a piece online for us to share and learn from! I hope you enjoy the series and I will be back posting something almost daily, and I will share with you the calender for the posts but that is for another day! I now have to leave to go grab something to eat but I will be back.

Always Remember...
Fear the cellos!
~Sulli

No comments:

Post a Comment